KARA Recruits Fashion Accessories Designer in New York, NY
KARA, the New York-based accessories brand, is looking for a designer. Position reports to Creative Director, 3-5 experiences needed, please see below for details.
– Entrepreneurial spirit: thinks outside the box, is motivated and enjoys solving problems
– Strong organizational skills
– Likes fashion, products and enjoys working with other entrepreneurial mindsets
– Practical – Enjoys working in a growing small business
– Excels in translating an idea through problem solving to realizing reality
– works in 3D – able to model prototypes and has basic sewing skills
– Proactive and adaptable to changing priorities
Creative Director / Owner
Experience / Course:
– 3 to 5 years in accessory design
This candidate will:
• Bring creative ideas to the table and translate them correctly into an aesthetic that
reflects and elevates the brand
• Sketch by hand and use Adobe Illustrator
• Create technical packages
• Sourcing new materials: leather, fabrics, etc.
• Research the latest techniques and developments by researching factories if necessary
• Present inspiration to the Creative Director on an ongoing basis in the form of current trends, techniques with imagery or with test panels.
• Collaborate / communicate closely with suppliers and the production manager throughout the sampling process
Salary – Base salary $ 85k
To apply: please send your resume to [email protected], subject line Designate.